Aside reproduction, sex and sexuality are part of life. Intercourse can be about intimacy and pleasure, while sexual activity, penile-vagina intercourse or masturbation, can also, offer many surprising benefits to all facets of one’s life –physically, emotionally, psychologically, intellectually and socially. Thus, sexual health is more than avoiding diseases and unplanned pregnancies; it’s also about recognizing that sex can be an important part of your life, according to the American Sexual Health Association.
This brings us to the question of- are you having enough sex? Couples who constantly make love, are reported to being happier, and feeling more connected to their spouses. Copulation is not only pleasurable, it is also very good for you as the advantages range from slashing stress levels, to lowering your risk of cancer and heart attacks.
Love making facilitates bonding and feelings of intimacy with your spouse. This particular type of connectedness really does more than make you feel warm and fuzzy, it boost fertility to looking young, reduces anxiety and you even get healthier. Below is a breakdown of the best reasons to get your spouse between the bed sheets.
• Satisfying round of love making can help you fight insomnia and sleep better. This is because, orgasm stimulates the release of hormone called prolactin. A natural sleep aide that promotes feelings of relaxation and sleepiness, which is one of the reasons you sleep off easily after copulation.
• Making love helps to hike the immune system so that you can get less colds and fewer sick day, based on the results of studies comparing sexually active people to those who are not sexually active. Intercourse boosts your body’s ability to make protective antibodies against bacteria, viruses and other germs that are responsible for common ailments.
• Forget surgery and anti-aging creams, sex keeps you younger-looking too. Constant sex aids the release of estrogen and testosterone, hormones that keep you young and vital looking. Estrogen promotes younger looking skin. People who had sex at least fourteen times per week with a regular partner, were perceived to be seven to twelve years younger than their actual age.
• It boosts your sex drive, believe it or not, the best antidote for a waning libido is to make love. Sex actually boosts desire. If pain and vaginal dryness make it challenging for some ladies to have intercourse, sexual activity can help combat these problems. It can also boosts vaginal lubrication, blood flow to the vaginal, and elasticity of the tissues, all of which make for better more pleasurable sex and heightened sex drive.
• Helps” to improve female’s bladder control of urinary incontinence which affects about 30 percent of females at some point in life. Having regular orgasms works the pelvic floor muscles, tone, strengthening and activate the same muscles that ladies use for kegel exercises. With stronger pelvic muscles, there is less risk of accidents and urine leaks. Also, you can exercise them on your own during sex.
• Lowers your blood pressure; this can have a very strong effect on your health, and can actually affect a woman’s ability to achieve orgasm with the exception of masturbation. Note that sex sessions cannot replace blood-pressure lowering drugs but they can be a useful addition.
• Just like every other kind of physical activity, sex can actually count as exercise as it can burn calories too. Sitting to watch television burns about one calorie per minute, indulging in love making increases your heart rate and utilizes various muscle groups burning about five calories per minute. Though regular intercourse cannot replace workouts at the gym, having an active healthy sex life, can be a cool way to get some extra physical activity.
• Sexual stimulation including masturbation and orgasm, can help keep pain at bay. These activities can reduce pain sensation and increase your pain threshold. Orgasms result in the release of hormones that can help block pain signals. Quite a number of ladies report that self stimulation through masturbation, can reduce symptoms of menstrual cramps, arthritis and even headache.
First published in Vanguard Allure