NBA star Haywood Highsmith sued by 21-year-old who lost a leg in car accident

A 21-year-old man who lost his leg in a vehicle accident earlier this month has filed a lawsuit against NBA player Haywood Highsmith.

READ ALSO: NBA star, LeBron James suffers the heaviest defeat of his career

Alekxei Pino said that the hooper’s irresponsible driving was to blame for the entire incident. He claimed he was assisting a stranded motorist in Miami on February 6 when Highsmith collided with him at high speed in his 2021 Audi A5.

He said Highsmith was going over the legal speed limit when he hit him, resulting in an above-the-knee amputation. He also claimed that he sustained other serious injuries in the crash and has since undergone a number of surgical treatments to repair the damage.

Manuel Dobrinsky, Pino’s attorney, said in a statement this week that his client is still in the hospital recovering, “with a very long road of rehabilitation ahead of him.”

Pino and his lawyer are seeking undisclosed damages, but anticipate they will exceed $50,000. His family has also set up a GoFundMe page in the hopes of raising $100,000 to support him in his recuperation.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.