Boxing champion, Anthony Joshua has been reportedly ranked the second-richest sportsperson in the United Kingdom.
In the ranking done by The Sunday Times, Gareth Bale was rated the richest young sports star. However, Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton was ranked the richest sportsperson in the United Kingdom with a net worth of £224 million.
Apart from Joshua, others on the young sports stars Rich List are footballers who are aged 30 or below. Among them are Bale, Paul Pogba, Kevin de Bruyne, David de Gea, Raheem Sterling, and N’Golo Kante.
Joshua was born to a Nigerian-Irish father, Robert Joshua, and a Nigerian mother, Yeta Odusanya reportedly earned an estimated £78 million from his two fights with Andy Ruiz Jr last year, taking his net worth to £107 million.
The list of the top 10 richest young sports stars aged 30 or under (2020 wealth figures in pounds) reads:
- Gareth Bale (football) 114 million
- Anthony Joshua (boxing) 107 million
- Paul Pogba (football) 50 million
- Kevin de Bruyne (football) 34 million
- David de Gea (football) 34 million
- Raheem Sterling (football) 28 million
- N’Golo Kante (football) 25 million
- Harry Kane (football) 24 million
- Daniel Sturridge (football) 22 million
- Jordan Henderson (football) 21 million